Start Date: August, 2017
End Date: March, 2018
Client: European Commission, DG RTD
The overall aim of this study is to collect and analyse evidence of current and past mission-oriented research and innovation initiatives in European Member States and other main global economies. This analysis in conducted in order to provide empirical evidence, useful insights and practical guidance for the preparations of future European research and innovation Framework Programme (FP9).
When collecting and analysing the evidence on mission-oriented R&I initiatives, special focus is on following three aspects:
- How to maximise the impact of Framework Programme R&I investments;
- How to reinforce synergies and complementarities across policy programmes and instruments;
- How to better monitor and measure the impacts.
The objectives of the study are two-fold:
- To provide a global mapping, evidence and data collection on mission-oriented research and innovation;
- To provide a detailed and in-depth evaluation of a selected set of past mission-oriented R&I initiatives
Approach / methodologies / types of services provided: Policy mapping, Case studies, Desk research
The Joint Institute for Innovation Policy with all its members: Joanneum Research, Tecnalia, TNO, VTT
Danish Technological Institute (DTI)